eTourist Visa (eTV)
Government of India has introduced eTourist Visa (eTV) scheme for 113 countries (including Sweden and Latvia):
Applicants can apply for all types of Indian visas at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity.
- International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders
Instructions for eTourist Visa (Enabled by ETA)
- Applicants of the eligible countries may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. Example: If you are applying on 1st Sept then applicant can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 4th Oct.
- Recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name, date of birth, nationality, expiry date etc. to be uploaded by the applicant. The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document and photograph are not clear and as per specification.
- eTourist visa fee for the holder of Swedish/Latvian passport is USD 48/- per passenger excluding interchange charge for credit/debit cards. The fee must be paid 4 days before the expected date of travel filled by you otherwise application will not be processed.
- eTV fee once submitted is non-refundable.
- Applicant should carry a copy of ETA along with him/her at the time of travel.
- Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at Immigration on arrival in India.
- The validity of visa will be 30 days from the date of arrival in India.
- Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) is valid for entry through 16 designated Airports i.e. Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Trivandrum, Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Gaya, Jaipur, Lucknow, Thiruchirapalli and Varanasi.
- This facility is in addition to the existing Visa services.
- eTourist Visa is allowed for a maximum of two visits in a calendar year.
- eTourist Visa once issued on arrival is non-extendable, non-convertible & not valid for visiting Restricted and Cantonment Areas.
- Applicants can track the status of their application online by clicking visa status.
- Please be careful while making payment of the eTV fee. If the number of unsuccessful attempts is more than three (03), then the application id would be bocked and the applicant would be required to apply afresh by filling in the application form again and regenerating a new application ID.
- For any assistance call 24 * 7 Visa support centre at +91-11-24300666 or send email to indiatvoa[at]gov[dot]in
For more information on how to apply please visit the following links:
eTourist Visa User Guide (PDF)