FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS REGARDING VISAS
1. How do I apply for a visa to India?
Applications have to be made online by going to the following link: http://www.in.ckgs.se/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa.html. Thereafter, the duly filled application forms have to be printed out and sent either by post or hand delivered to the Indian Visa Application Centre (IVAC), M/s Cox and Kings Global Services:
David Bagaresgata, 26 B
11138 Stockholm, Sweden
Tel: 020-434 434.
Holmgatan 8 A
Tel: 020-434 434.
Tel: 020-434 434.
Marijas Street 7, Office No. 407, Riga, LV-1050, Latvia
Phone No: +371-66 956 901/+371-66 956 910
In case of applications being sent by post, proof of payment of fees must be enclosed along with all other required documents and photographs.
2. Can I send the visa application to the Embassy?
No, all private passport holders must send their applications to the Embassy’s outsourcing Agency, M/s Cox and Kings Global Services at the address given above.
Only Diplomatic and Official passports may be submitted directly to the Embassy along with a Note Verbale from respective Ministry of Foreign Affairs/International Organization or concerned Embassy with visa application form and two photographs
3. What is the normal processing time?
If all the documents are in order, the normal processing time is 2 working days for Swedish Passport and additional 3 working days for passports from other countries. During peak season i.e. mid-August to mid-January, processing time could increase to 4 working days and 2-3 days for handling by the IVAC. For Swedish passport holders of Pakistani origin, the processing time is likely to be around 6 weeks and substantially longer for Passports holder from Pakistan and holder of Travel Documents. Processing time for holders of Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq passports may take upto 4 weeks.
4. Can I confirm all my travel bookings before getting the visa?
It is always better to confirm bookings only after obtaining visa.
5. Does the IVAC have anything to do with the decision regarding grant of visas?
The IVAC’s responsibility is to check the application and send completed applications and passports to the Embassy after collecting the requisite visa fees. It is the Embassy, which has the sole authority to decide whether to issue a visa.
6. From when does the validity of a visa begin?
The validity of the visa begins from the date of issue, it cannot be postponed to a later date.
7. How do I retrieve the form if I had not completed it?
Please note down the Temporary Application ID when you are filling the form. Your Information will be saved if you click save button or continue to next page. If you make an exit without doing either of that, your information will be lost. (Minimum field required for Partial Save is upto Date of Birth)
If you click on partially filled form and fill the temporary Application ID, the form will be retrieved.
8. If I send an Email to the Embassy to check the status of my application, to which Email address should I send my enquiry and -what information do I need to provide?
Please send an Email to visa[at]indianembassy[dot]se and it is necessary to provide your passport number or Registration number starting with SWES given by M/s Cox and Kings.
9. Can I apply for a visa to India through the Embassy of India, Stockholm if I am outside Sweden?
You are advised to approach the nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate in the country of your residence.
10. If I fill out a visa application form for a minor; who has to sign the application?
Either of the parents can sign visa application form for a minor if the minor cannot sign.
11. Does the IVAC accept applications for OCI/PIO/Renewal of Indian passports/Attestation?
No, for OCI card/endorsement in PIO card/Renewal of Indian passports/Attestation, you are advised to approach the Embassy between 9.30AM to 12.30PM and 3PM to 4PM on any working day.
12. Can I make the payment in the IVAC itself?
The IVAC has the provision to receive the payment for visa services in the center itself in cash or through credit card. You have to attach the payment receipt with the application.
13. Does the IVAC have facilities that I can use to fill an online form?
Yes, there are two internet kiosks at the IVAC for filling the online form
14. Do I need to come in person to submit/collect the passport?
No, it is not necessary to come in person. The application and passports along with proof of payment can be sent by post.
15. How do I withdraw my application and will I get a refund?
If you want to withdraw your application, you have to submit your request in writing to M/s Cox and Kings for withdrawal but no refund is admissible.
16. If I have to make a comment or a complaint regarding visa services, where can I send it?
You can send an e-mail to the following addresses:
Any serious complaint can also be copied to