All applicants for Tourist Visa may kindly note that:
'A tourist visa is only granted to a foreigner who does not have a residence or occupation in India and whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives etc. Applicants may please note that anyone who is found to be doing something else such as attending a training programme or working is likely to be blacklisted and asked to leave India immediately. Therefore, please be accurate in giving the purpose of your visit to India. Your cooperation would be appreciated'
All applicants for Tourist Visas may kindly note that a return ticket (if returning back to Sweden/Latvia) or ticket for onward journey (if going to some other country) would have to be attached along with their visa applications w.e.f. 15th October, 2015.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED
- All applicants applying for Tourist/Student/X-Entry/Medical/Transit/Employment visa may go to the most convenient Cox & Kings office for biometrics (i.e. Stockholm, Umea or Malmo) at the time of application. For long term business visas, biometrics procedures would have to be followed.
- The right to grant visa solely remains with the Embassy of India, Stockholm including related to the number of days and entries.
- Each and every individual has to apply for Visa separately, including infants and minors.
- Visa fee once paid is non-refundable.
- Issue of visa by the Embassy of India, Stockholm does not guarantee the applicant the right to enter the territory of the Republic of India; final authority to allow entry into India lies with the immigration authorities at the airport or any other port/place of entry.
- Misuse of Visa such as indulging in activities not in accordance with the stated purpose of the visit will lead to immediate cancellation of the visa and possible ban on entry into India in future.
- As per Government of India regulations, Thuraya and other such Satellite phones are not permitted in India. Unauthorized use of Thuraya and other satellite phones violates Section 24 of the Indian Telegraph Act.
- Applicants who apply by post should refrain from sending cash in envelopes to either the IVAC or the Embassy.
- Visa sticker pasted on the passport gives information regarding the name of the applicant, passport number, category of visa, number of entries, validity of the visa and if required, special endorsement for visit to protected/restricted areas within the territory of India. If a discrepancy is found in the visa sticker, it should be immediately brought to the notice of IVAC or the Embassy as the case may be.
- It is advisable to get a valid Indian visa transferred from old/damaged passport to the new passport by re-submitting visa application form and paying transfer fee of SEK 70 (+ IVAC service charges) with the IVAC.
- Employment Visa once granted by the Embassy is not extendable in Stockholm. The visa can only be extended in designated offices (Foreigners’ Regional Registration Office) in India nearest to the place of work of the individual.
Incomplete applications will delay the processing and are liable to be rejected, so please fill the application form carefully.