Home › Forthcoming Events › Postponement of organisation of Global RE-INVEST 2017 scheduled from 15-17 February 2017 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.
”Global RE-INVEST 2017 India-ISA Partnership” from 15-17 February 2017 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy is organizing 2nd Renewable Energy Global Investors’ Meet and Expo 2017 in partnership with International Solar Alliance (ISA) “(Global RE-INVEST 2017 India-ISA Partnership)” from 15-17 February 2017 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India
2. The Plenary Session is proposed to be inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India on 15 February 2017, and addressed by high level national and international dignitaries. This will be followed by Technical and Breakout Sessions and Policy Sessions by Central and State Governments. Parallel Sessions and Official Side events are also planned on the sidelines of Main Conference.
3. RE-INVEST is an international platform for Governments, Global Investors, Financial Institutions, project developers, R&D institutions & foundations, and civil society leaders to jointly address the goal of advancing renewable energy.
4.First Renewable Energy Global Investors Meet & Expo (RE-INVEST 2015) organized by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy during 15-17 February 2015 in New Delhi saw capacity commitments of over 292 GW from stakeholders and 78 GW funding by major Banks and FIs in the next 5 years.
5. International Solar Alliance (ISA) was launched at the UN Climate Change Conference in Paris on 30 November 2015 jointly by the President of France and the Prime Minister of India. During the 3rd meeting of the International Steering Committee (ISC) of ISA held on 21 April 2016 in New York, USA, it was decided to organize RE-INVEST events in Indonesia, Kenya, Peru and India during 2017.
6. RE-INVEST 2017 is being organized in partnership with ISA as “Global RE-INVEST 2017 India-ISA Partnership”. The objective of organizing the event is to further enhance investment in renewable energy sector; establish India as the manufacturing hub for renewables; exploring, adopting & adapting of new technologies as well as exchange of knowledge and information for achieving energy security in a sustainable manner across the ISA member countries. The Event will also help in taking stock of the progress and achievements made in Renewable Energy sector in India and ISA member countries.
7. Germany has confirmed to be “Partner Country” for RE-INVEST 2017.
8. Registration procedure and other details including contact persons for facilitation are available at Event’s website: https://re-invest.in/